With the new iPad out for just under a week in South Africa now, you would like to get yourself one, but don’t want to pay it straight? With the prices ranging from R4 999 to R8 299 it can be a pricey thing to pay off straight and paying this over a budgeted period adds unnecessary interest to the whole ordeal! Well, there are other options! That’s where FNB comes in. More and more people are, both existing clients and non-existing FNB clients are trying to find out more about their iPad offering deal. So, here’s all the details you need to know…
I had a chat the official FNB guy, RbJacobs on Twitter recently and he told me the following:
Pricing for the new iPad, VAT inclusive is as follows:
|iPad 32GB WiFi+4G||R299 per month for 24 months|
|iPad 16GB WiFi+4G||R259 per month for 24 months|
|iPad 16GB WiFi||R205 per month for 24 months|
This is all offered at 0% interest!
The 0% interest is one of the largest attractions here, over and above the very reasonable monthly re-payments.
So what’s the catch? – Be a FNB customer!
There really is no catch to this entire shindig. FNB is offering these deals, plus deals on other products like smartphones, tablets and MacBooks at reduced rates to new and existing customers. As a result they are in effect lowering the cost of these devices. The best part is that clients can get their devices, like a new iPad and pay for it over a 24 month period with zero additional fees, interest or charges payable.
To qualify, you need to be have a FNB client with one of the following accounts:
- Gold Cheque Account;
- Platinum Cheque Account;
- Young Professionals Account;
- One Account;
- Islamic Finance;
- RMB Cheque Account ;
- FNB Private Bank Clients also qualify.
Other T’s & C’s are:
- Only one device per client;
- Additional telecommunication services needed to use the device are for your own account;
- You must have a FNB Cheque Account with the Mobile Device pricing option;
- You must pay your salary into this FNB Cheque Account and meet the minimum income requirements for the account each month;
- Your credit report/record must be in good standing;
- You must switch your Debit Orders to this FNB Cheque Account;
- You must register for FNB Online Banking
- FNB cannot guarantee the colour of the device due to high demand.
Clients also have the option to purchase a Prepaid Data SIM with 1GB of data preloaded for only R49… You can find more details on the Terms and conditions here.
FNB also offers the iPad 2 on these options, so be sure to specify you want the New iPad (3rd Generation) when signing up/registering/whatever you want to call it.
So what are you waiting for? Contact your nearest FNB and go get yourself a new iPad. It’s “Resolutionary!”
Always remember, give a jackass an education and you’ll have a smartass!