Many SimCity players have been experiencing server issues and connection problems since the debut of the new SimCity game. As a result, EA said in a press release on the 19th March, that they “sincerely apologise for the difficulties at launch [of the new SimCity game] and hope to make it up to you with a free PC game download from Origin.” Why? Well, as EA puts it in their press release… Because the “SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis…” So to everyone who has already bought and registered their copy of SimCity, you will all be getting a *free PC game from SimCity*. How kind.
Free PC game from SimCity for everyone!
In the press release, EA listed the following 8 titles that you could choose from to make up for the frustrations of the server and connection issues:
- Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
- Bejeweled 3
- Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
- Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
- Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
- Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
- Plants vs. Zombies
- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
“What’s the catch?” you might ask… Well, I’m glad you did. Here are the T’s & C’s, from Maxis’ own “Head Llama”:
- This Offer Does Not Constitute A Credit, Charge, Debit Or Gift Card.
- Offer Expires March 25 2013 At 11:59Pm Pacific Daylight Time.
- Valid For New Purchases Of SimCity (“Product”) That Are Registered To Your Origin Account By March 25, 2013 At 11:59Pm PDT.
- Free PC Digital Download Games Not Downloaded From Origin.Com By March 30, 2013 At 11:59Pm PDT Are Forfeit.
- Eligible Games Subject To Change.
- Valid Wherever Product Is Sold.
- Limit One Offer Per Person.
- Cannot Be Combined With Any Other Offer, Gift Card, Rebate Or Other Discount Coupons.
- Offer May Not Be Substituted, Exchanged, Sold Or Redeemed For Cash Or Other Goods Or Services.
- Retailers, Distributors And Employees Of Electronic Arts Inc. And Their Agencies/Affiliates Are Not Eligible.
- Void Where Prohibited, Taxed Or Restricted By Law.
- See Applicable End User License Agreements And Disclosures On www.EA.com.
So what does that all mean for you, Mayor of Glynnville, or whatever you’ve named your region? Well, the gist of it is that if you bought and registered your copy of SimCity before 25th March 2013, you’ll be getting an email from EA soon to inform you that you are able to chose one of the above mentioned games as compensation for crappy servers, with directions on how to redeem the offer. You can also find more information on EA’s FAQ
The “redemption portal” as they call it, will be opened up country-by-country by March 22…
So, just remember, you must register your copy of SimCity before March 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM PDT and you must claim your free game by March 30, 2013 at 11:59PM PDT.
It’s all rather impressive, I’d say… So which free game will you be picking? Have you got the new SimCity?
Always remember, give a jackass an education and you’ll have a smartass!